Privacy Statement – Amanda Webbon Counselling – May 2018 – Updated 04/ 2019
About me: Registered as a Sole Trader: Amanda Webbon in Counselling, Psychotherapy, Coaching Supervision and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing). Practice Address: Westwood Heath Road, Coventry, CV4
I am registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Register Number: Z3650673
I intend to update my privacy notice regularly to ensure it continues to comply with the latest regulations and good practice. Published on the website on 25 May 2018.
- How I use your information
I have a secure electronic system, which enables me to efficiently store any information about clients, former clients and other stakeholders in a way that ensures security to regulatory standards. When data is shared, only people who are approved and those with the right level of authority can access this information. It also allows me to access my responsibilities for data retention and access requests. I will store brief notes of your sessions for a period of no longer than 7 years.
- Visiting my website
When someone visits my website, I use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This is done to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of my website. This information is processed in a way that does not identify you. I do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting my website. I use Google Analytics so that I can improve my service to you – read the Google Analytics privacy notice.
When you visit my website and complete the online email enquiry request, I will use your data to respond to you for the purpose of your enquiry only.
The legal basis I use for processing clients’ personal information is primarily contractual. The information is used for specific and legitimate purposes. I carefully meet the regulatory requirements to safeguard the information I hold about all clients. Such information comes from the way clients engage with me, by information provided through enquiries regarding therapy, which may include, contact details and personal information relating to yourself and to therapy issues. Some therapy information may be shared with my supervisor (as specified in the contract) and this will not identify you in any way. Client information may also be shared with a third party if the client is referred to me via this source. This may include notes and case administration details that have been requested from me, by the third party.
- What the information is used for
I may send messages by post, telephone, text, email or other digital methods. These messages may be:
- to help you manage your appointments
- to meet my obligations to you as a client by offering information you need to make informed decisions
- to respond to your enquiry about my services
- to fulfil the requirements of a third party who has consent to use your data
I will never pass on your information to a third party to use in their own direct marketing without your consent. I do not record phone calls. After the sessions are completed only brief notes are retained as detailed above and all other contact information is deleted from my systems.
- Sharing Your Information:
During your contact with me, I will inform you about how your information will be used and that it may be necessary to share it with other services and organisations.
I will not share your information with any third parties unless:
- you have consented to this (for example by providing information to me after having been informed that I will pass the information to a third party)
- it is required for the management of our work together
- it is as part of our duty to protect a child, a vulnerable adult, yourself or the public
- for the prevention and detection of a crime
- I am required to do so by a court of law or other relevant regulatory authority
- to protect the rights, property or safety of my business Amanda Webbon Counselling
- if due to unforeseen circumstances I am unable to work, my files and data will be passed to a third party for the management of ongoing client cases
- My Obligations
I may share specific data about my work in general with the following.
Your personal details are not shared with these organisations:
- My accountants Armstrong & Co, Mercia House, Coventry – see http://armstrongs-accountancy.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- HMRC – HMRC – see
- HMRC personal information charterBACP my governing body – see https://www.bacp.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- The Information Commissioner’s Office – see ICO privacy notice
- Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have rights as an individual data subject which you can exercise in relation to the information I hold about you. You can read about these rights on the ICO’s website .
- Complaints or queries
If you want to make a complaint about the way I have processed your personal information, you can contact the ICO as the statutory body which oversees data protection law – see ICO concerns. In most cases I will not disclose personal data without consent. However, if I am required to submit information regarding a complaint, for example, I will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies.
- Access to your personal data
I aim to be as open as I can in terms of giving people access to their personal information. You can find out if I hold any personal information about you by making a ‘subject access request’ under GDPR.
If I do hold information about you I will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why I am holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the information in an easy to understand format
To request any personal information I may hold, you must put your request in writing to me in the first instance where I will endeavour to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need by phone.
- Data Security
I am aware that the information you provide may be sensitive and I respect your privacy. I keep information about you confidential. This means I store it securely and control who has access to it. I may store some of your data electronically on a secure platform. I might also store some in paper format and this paper documentation will be stored in a secure locked cabinet. After we have completed our work together any contact information stored on my electronic devices will be deleted.
I have tried to make this information transparent and easy to understand. If you have any suggestions or comments that would improve the above information please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.